Question about git repository layout + releases

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Oct 21 19:48:28 CEST 2010

On 10/21/2010 07:08 PM, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> This is not entirely correct: True, we want to move the git repo to KDE's
> git infrastructure. Christoph could still merge all changes back to svn
> (just like he does now); this is no issue. Hence, no problem for the release
> cycle.

Well, that's not what Christoph wrote in the bug report, nor
in his mail to this list:

"No my question: Whereas the git stuff is no problem itself, is it then
still
possible to have the kate repo auto-released with KDE SC like atm?"

If that's not on the agenda (for now), then just moving the repo
is no problem from the sysadmin side.

Unless release-team objects to having SC stuff on git.kde.org until
the modules migrate. But I'd advise against such an objection because
the consequence would be that you guys just continue to use Gitorious,
even without kde-developers, and that sort of fragmentation doesn't
help anyone.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein