KDE 4.4 RC1 (4.3.90) tarballs uploaded

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Jan 7 19:19:12 CET 2010

Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> 2010/1/7 Dirk Mueller <mueller at kde.org>:
>> while I had the problem originally, after updating to 4.4 kdebase/workspace it
>> builds fine for me.

I can confirm the same failure here, building against
kdebase-worspace-4.3.90.

> But kdebase-workspace requires kdebindings-python to enable KDE Python
> support, if your solution work, one needs to build kdebase-workspace
> twice??

That's one of those checks for stuff really only needed at runtime, not
buildtime... (which really irks me(1))

I'd propose that runtime-only checks like that:
1.  not be fatal for the build
2.  output/warning be made clearer that this is a runtime-only
dependency (or the check be removed altogether).

(though I suppose such a proposal may be better suited for the
buildsystem list)

-- Rex

p.s.  amarok has a similar type of check for qtscriptgenerator... I'm
sure there are others.