KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jan 7 19:14:31 CET 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> > SVN commit 1071192 by neundorf:
> >
> > we require CMake 2.6.2 or KDE, nothing else has been announced, discussed
> > or even suggested
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > CCMAIL: kde-buildsystem at kde.org
> > CCMAIL: mueller at kde.org
> >

> >  M  +1 -1      FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> >

> > --- trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake
> > #1071191:1071192 @@ -275,7 +275,7 @@
> >

> >  # this is required now by cmake 2.6 and so must not be skipped by
> > if(KDE4_FOUND) below -cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.3 FATAL_ERROR)
> > +cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6.2 FATAL_ERROR)
> >  # set the cmake policies to the 2.4.x compatibility settings (may change
> > for KDE 4.3) cmake_policy(VERSION 2.4.5)
>
> Short note: the discussion seems to be taking place in the
> release-team and kde-packager mailing lists:

CCing them...

In case there are problems with the buildsystem, please post to
kde-buildsystem at kde.org, or k-c-d. At least CC me.

Increasing the required version of CMake for kdelibs without asking what the
problem is, discussing it and announcing it a few weeks before the switch
then actually happens is an absolute no-go.

> apparently CMake < 2.6.3
> isn't able to find SharedDesktopOntologies correctly on some systems.

So, what's not working ?

Alex