Moving 4.6 to git next Tuesday or Wednesday

Albert Astals Cid aacid at
Mon Dec 13 22:44:04 CET 2010

A Dilluns, 13 de desembre de 2010, Ian Monroe va escriure:
> Dirk,
> We were discussing in #kde-sysadmin whether it made sense to move not
> just trunk/4.7 development to Git next week, but 4.6 as well. No one
> really likes the idea of having two SCMs active at the same time,
> which was the current plan.
> Do you consider putting together the release scripts in time for 4.6.0
> to be a blocker? Since i18n is staying in SVN the complicated part of
> the release script won't change any. And kdelibs, kdebase-*, and
> kdepim* are all basically staying with a 1-repo-1-tarball ratio, so
> they shouldn't be much trouble. (kdebindings might be more complicated
> since they want to split up into about 6 or so tarballs at the same
> time as their git release, though still 1 repo:1 tarball, but that
> isn't the subject of this email)
> So if we did the git transition next week, 4.6 rc1 would be the last
> release to come out of SVN. We see the alternative as doing the
> transition shortly after the 4.6.0 release next month. But (speaking
> for myself) I'd only want to delay the release until next month if we
> know for sure that there is a good reason to; eg you need this time.

From a i18n POV i'd prefer doing the 4.6.0 release from svn sources since 
moving everything to git at that late stage means that if the new repos 
trigger any problem in the scripty git codepath that the current smaller repos 
have not encountered yet we'll have to rush to fix that problem and 
translations might get a negative impact by it.


> Thanks,
> Ian Monroe
> _______________________________________________
> release-team mailing list
> release-team at

More information about the release-team mailing list