4.6 Scheduler: Request for 4.6 Beta 3
winter at kde.org
Mon Dec 13 15:37:44 CET 2010
Ok, I withdraw my request then.
Thanks for the discussion.
On Monday 13 December 2010 9:05:46 am Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On xxMondayxx 13 xxDecemberxx 2010 14:35:07 Tom Albers wrote:
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > > I'm waiting for objections.
> > I'm going to raise one :(
> > > > > So far we don't have any objections. If there are no objections in
> > > > > day or so
> > > > > I will offiically change the release schedule.
> > > >
> > > > Will's question is not answered yet.
> > > >
> > > > | Would the PIM team spend the extra 2 weeks on the desktop
> > > > | versions or
> > > > | on Kontact Mobile?
> > >
> > > Yes to both.
> > I've read Tills mail and it is pretty clear to me. The focus for KDAB lies
> > on the mobile version for the next two months. That means the desktop
> > version will benefit from bugfixes in the underlying libs and akonadi, but
> > KMail desktop will receive only little love. Although Till thinks KMail is
> > ready enough to be release, I get the impression that it's not from
> > several reports.
> > Anyhow, I think 2 weeks delay will not solve much.
> > > Especially, Kevin asked for more time to work on data migration issues
> > > which mainly affect the desktop.
> > Although this is a very import argument, I'm not sure two weeks is enough.
> > And when the data migration might be ok, kmail itself might not be up for
> > the end-user job yet.
> > My proposal would be to continue with the schedule as planned, the kdepim
> > team would need to decide to either release it as normal, relase it but
> > mark the kdepim/kmail part as 'experimental', or skip the .0.
> > Best,
> I agree that delaying everything for a hypothetical benefit is too much,
> especially if we considere that the current release schedule is tied to the
> git migration.
> Best regards,
More information about the release-team