Git transition for kdelibs and kdebase

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Wed Dec 8 19:00:18 CET 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:50:33 -0800
"Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 8, 2010, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > - the 20th December is just before Christmas, some devels will not be aware
> > of the change (I think most are not aware at all on what's going on)
>
> it needs to be announced, yes; i think Ian wanted to pass it by release team
> first to be sure everything is ok with release engineering before announcing
> it to the entire community.

As did I with the KDEPIM repos (http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2010-November/004175.html)
This was also posted to scm-interest and the pim list. No message has been sent to c-d yet but from the impression I've gotten any message about the git migration is ignored by the vast majority :(

> kdebase is splitting because it's already 3 modules: runtime, apps and
> workspace. a good test for this is that the 3 kdebase modules are not allowed
> to depend on each other at build time and they are packaged as three separate
> chunks by packagers. kdebase is "special" that way; no other module that i
> know of is actually multiple modules in one.

kdepim is also a dual module (kdepim and kdepim-runtime).

/Regards
Torgny