Git transition for kdelibs and kdebase

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Wed Dec 8 19:35:26 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Torgny Nyblom <kde at nyblom.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:50:33 -0800
> "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, December 8, 2010, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>> > - the 20th December is just before Christmas, some devels will not be aware
>> > of the change (I think most are not aware at all on what's going on)
>>
>> it needs to be announced, yes; i think Ian wanted to pass it by release team
>> first to be sure everything is ok with release engineering before announcing
>> it to the entire community.
>
> As did I with the KDEPIM repos (http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2010-November/004175.html)
> This was also posted to scm-interest and the pim list. No message has been sent to c-d yet but from the impression I've gotten any message about the git migration is ignored by the vast majority :(

Yes I did send a message to kcd about my test kdelibs repo and talked
about the Dec 20 date[1].

Response from kcd:
*crickets*

After seeing Anne-Marie's concerns I really do think there is a need
for the release team to put their "release team" hat on and clearly
communicate to the community what's going to happen. Maybe via one of
those low-volume announce lists. Deciding what development happens
where when is certainly within the release team's "jurisdiction". Just
because I'm the one doing a lot of the footwork doesn't make me the
best person to do it (though feel free to delegate drafting to me).

Ian

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=129152349200882&w=2