KDE 4.2.2 tarballs (try #1) uploaded

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 01:11:32 CEST 2009

On Friday 27 March 2009, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> The kdebase-runtime packages still has the oxygen icons in
> kdebase/runtime/pics/oxygen/. This will result in a file conflict between
> oxygen-icons and kdebase-runtime.

Yeah, it looks like this was really messed up now :(

> So, I made a diff (filenames only) between oxygen-icons and
> kdebase/runtime/pics/oxygen. While there a lot of new files in oxygen-icons
> (which is not a problem) there are also some missing or were renamed. For
> example system-restart.png is called system-reboot.png now.

Yep. Thanks for analysing the exact diff. I think we skip the separation of
oxygen-icons now for 4.2.2, in order to have time to fix the issues with 4.2.3.

So please remove oxygen-icons from your build again, and use the icons from
kdebase-runtime.

I've updated kdelibs to include several fixes that I was requested to include
for 4.2.2. I've also added Slovak (sk) to the list of released languages:

f4dd64d42656c3769a0073067d911202  kdelibs-4.2.2.tar.bz2
166976c4a4129fa361f7643e57bcebce  kde-l10n/kde-l10n-sr-4.2.2.tar.bz2

> I don't know if those icons are used at all, but I think
> kdebase/runtime/pics/oxygen should be merged into oxygen-icons and the
> first should be removed then to remove any confusion or file conflicts.

I think we should install compat-symlinks for those icons and then try again
with KDE 4.2.3.

Thanks,
Dirk