PROPOSAL: Merging Kleopatra Enterprise Branch into Trunk for 4.1

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Jun 17 00:14:02 CEST 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008 11:17:34 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 16 June 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Dear Translators and Release Team,
> >
> > The kde-pim team would like to merge the Kleopatra enterprise branch
> > from the Kolab Konsortium [1] into trunk for the upcoming 4.1 release.
>
> please excuse my ignorance: i know that kleopatra as about crypto and iir
> certificates ... what concrete features does it bring?

From the KDE3 handbook, "Kleopatra is the KDE tool for managing X.509 certificates
in the GpgSM keybox and for retrieving certificates from LDAP servers."

> > We PIMsters really would love to have this in 4.1, as we have many
> > users requiring excellent cryptographic support.  The code is externally
> > QA'ed, so it is stable already. And we really need this for our Mac and
> > Windows users.
>
> to ask the obvious devil's advocate question: what happens if this doesn't
> make it into kde 4.1?

I think Till or Marc can answer that best.

> i lean towards trusting the good judgement of th PIM team, i also lean towards
> respecting te freezes ...... (that was useful input, huh? =/ )

Regarding the feature freeze.. looking closer it seems that at least one of
the two new features (openPGP support) was already in progress since before
the feature freeze.  Not sure when the plugin for Konqueror and Dolphin was started.

Mostly, this an issue of accepting the new strings.