PROPOSAL: Merging Kleopatra Enterprise Branch into Trunk for 4.1

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 17:17:34 CEST 2008

On Monday 16 June 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> Dear Translators and Release Team,
>
> The kde-pim team would like to merge the Kleopatra enterprise branch
> from the Kolab Konsortium [1] into trunk for the upcoming 4.1 release.

please excuse my ignorance: i know that kleopatra as about crypto and iir
certificates ... what concrete features does it bring?

> We PIMsters really would love to have this in 4.1, as we have many
> users requiring excellent cryptographic support.  The code is externally
> QA'ed, so it is stable already. And we really need this for our Mac and
> Windows users.

to ask the obvious devil's advocate question: what happens if this doesn't
make it into kde 4.1?

i lean towards trusting the good judgement of th PIM team, i also lean towards
respecting te freezes ...... (that was useful input, huh? =/ )

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se