Move kwalletmanager?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 11 00:56:55 CET 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008, Thomas Zander wrote:
> What usecase did you have in mind for calling it critical? Or, what can't
> you do without it being installed?

dunno if it is "critical" but recovery of passwords is an awesome feature. in
addition to using it this way myself, i've heard several times from our users
that it's saved their butt in the past when they forget a password, but use
the manager to look up what they used elsewhere on the same website in the
past.

the current UI is not particularly optimized for that, or for storing custom
data, but i think it should probably move more in that direction over time,
and become far less geekified by default; the tree is awesome but that should
probably be an advanced view. i don't see that happening without a
maintainer, of course, and i particularly don't see *that* happening with it
in kdeutils.

that said, my biggest concern about moving it to kdebase is the lack of active
maintainership. it's one of pmax's babies and we all know how ludicrously
busy he is these days.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se