Move kwalletmanager?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Jan 11 01:18:05 CET 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 18:52:57 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 10 January 2008 15:37:33 Allen Winter wrote:
> > I think we should move kwalletmanager from kdeutils into kdebase/apps.
> > The kwallet seems like a critical app that should always be available
> > in our base system.
>
> Hmm, in the normal user experience there is actually nothing that
> kwalletmanager provides that I call critical.

Agree, probably not critical.

Admittedly I have a not-so-hidden agenda to eliminate kdeutils and kdetoys.
They don't have a module coordinator... many of the apps in there are aging
and barely maintained afaik... and I like aseigo's idea of moving
more stuff into extragear.

Two experienced KDE devs asked me where kwalletmanager was and
I had to tell them "build and install kdeutils".

But, I will drop this  idea.

Moving kwalletmanager seemed like an easy decision but apparently I was wrong.
Not the first time, and it won't be the last.

I'd still like to see coordinators for all our modules.

-Allen