Proposed KDE 4.1 Release Schedule

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jan 8 11:34:39 CET 2008

On Tuesday 08 January 2008, Matt Rogers wrote:

> Not perfect, but it's a start. Comments?

I miss the following information:

a) Why was July chosen? Was it because it is 4.0 + 6months?  So if it is "old
release + 6months", then we go back to the idea of aligning with
distributions. Proposing a 6 month cycle, but aligning it to the 4.0 date
which was decided by a release event plan is not a good choice imho. Note
that I do principally like the 6 month cycle.

b) 3 weeks between beta1 and RC1 means that we can not squeeze in another beta
without delaying the schedule. What was the intent of that proposal?

as a rough approximation: we can do release candidates roughly weekly. We can
do beta's roughly every 3-4 weeks.

Greetings,
Dirk