kdereview

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 05:14:45 CET 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 19:18:11 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Tobias can answer for sure, but there is a server and a client
> > in kdereview/decibel.  So maybe the work branch can be
> > removed now??
>
> Can we clarify that before moving things around in svn?

I never saw a move notice anywhere that branches/work/decibel was obsolete. It
was not posted to the decibel list (that I can recall anyways) or to k-c-d.

> > Hmm.. we had been planning to put Decibel into kdepim, or maybe
> > kdenetwork. But kdebase might be better.  Opinions?
>
> where is the discussion? was this on k-c-d?

IRC, i suppose. There was no email based discussion on any list that I watch
and was a complete surprise when this moved into kdereview.

> basically, kopete and kdepim might depend on decibel the runtime daemon.
> which makes it impossible to place it in either kdepim or kdenetwork alone.
> However, moving it to kdebase-runtime adds a lot of dependencies (decibel's
> dependencies) to kdebase for little effect.
>
> I would tend to say that it belongs into kdenetwork at the moment, which
> means that kdepim has to only optionally depend on it.
>
> Greetings,
> Dirk

I was initially thinking kdepimlibs, but i think kdenetwork is indeed better.
--
Matt