kdereview

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 02:18:11 CET 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Allen Winter wrote:

> Tobias can answer for sure, but there is a server and a client
> in kdereview/decibel.  So maybe the work branch can be
> removed now??

Can we clarify that before moving things around in svn?

> Hmm.. we had been planning to put Decibel into kdepim, or maybe kdenetwork.
> But kdebase might be better.  Opinions?

where is the discussion? was this on k-c-d?

basically, kopete and kdepim might depend on decibel the runtime daemon. which
makes it impossible to place it in either kdepim or kdenetwork alone.
However, moving it to kdebase-runtime adds a lot of dependencies (decibel's
dependencies) to kdebase for little effect.

I would tend to say that it belongs into kdenetwork at the moment, which means
that kdepim has to only optionally depend on it.

Greetings,
Dirk