A Proposal: EOL 4.1, Branch 4.2, Start 4.3

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Dec 5 12:18:07 CET 2008

Am Freitag, 5. Dezember 2008, um 11:44 Uhr, schrieb Lucas Murray:
> You said it yourself: bug fixing is top priority, why make it more
> difficult? I am against prematurely thawing trunk as quite a few
> developers will shift from bug fixing into feature development (I can
> see myself doing this) even if they know they will let some bugs get
> into 4.2 that could have been avoided. Trunk should remain in whatever
> mode that will benefit the top priority--if feature additions are top
> then it's thawed, if it's bug fixing then it's frozen.
>
> RC 1 is a good thawing date (Maybe even a week before it), not beta 2.

+1

Let's first make 4.2 release ready (as candidate at least), only then shift to
the next target (e.g. see my very own recent fixes to kdelibs (more to come),
I would not have done them if I could work on new features for Okteta already
in trunk, and I guess I don't differ too much from others here).

Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta