Delaying KDE 4.1 Alpha 1 ?

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Apr 21 16:12:08 CEST 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> * if we want WoC and other necessary steps forward in plasma in a rational
> time frame (e.g. not next year), occassional blips like this will happen
> and be necessary. bitching about how it will affect an *alpha* release is
> shortsighted

I have no pain in plasma being less than 100% functional for Alpha1, to be
exact. The only question that is relevant (besides that I hurt your feelings
again, I'm sorry really about that): does it help plasma development to get
user feedback about the current (well todays+2 days) state of plasma or not?
if you're saying "I don't want anyone to tell me about problems" right now,
then we have to evaluate a different option. if you're saying "there are some
problems but we'd still want to have some feedback) , then we're good to go.

It is an *alpha* release afterall, the amount of feedback it will receive will
probably be fairly minimal anyway.

Greetings,
Dirk