Extragear tarball 4.0.3

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Wed Apr 9 14:31:04 CEST 2008

At Tuesday 08 April 2008 19:24, you wrote:
> On Tuesday, 08. April 2008 16:19:55 Tom Albers wrote:
> > > The version number needs to change, that's a basic part of release
> > > management.  If it's not done by the app author it should be done by
> > > the release manager or just not released at all.
> > It can not be done by the release manager as that proposal from me was
> > denied (see the evaluation thread on these lists a couple months back).
>
> In that case, it's really pretty simple and as Jonathan wrote: The stuff
> shouldn't be released then.

That means you will not get updated translations.

> It will probably either help getting authors to do at least the most basic
> (!) step of a change and release management or get your proposal
> reconsidered.

True. So if we consider the last release, nobody updated the version number iirc, so that would have meant that there would have been only a tarball for gopher.

Is that the consensus?

Anyone from the extragear applications want to comment at all, or isn't it important to you? If so, we better move on, I have other things to do then creating unwanted tarballs ;-)

--
Tom Albers