Extragear tarball 4.0.3

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Wed Apr 9 15:01:33 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 14:31:04 Tom Albers wrote:

> > > It can not be done by the release manager as that proposal from me was
> > > denied (see the evaluation thread on these lists a couple months back).
> >
> > In that case, it's really pretty simple and as Jonathan wrote: The stuff
> > shouldn't be released then.
>
> That means you will not get updated translations.
>

> > It will probably either help getting authors to do at least the most
> > basic (!) step of a change and release management or get your proposal
> > reconsidered.
>
> True. So if we consider the last release, nobody updated the version number
> iirc, so that would have meant that there would have been only a tarball
> for gopher.
>
> Is that the consensus?

Sounds silly to me.

> Anyone from the extragear applications want to comment at all, or isn't it
> important to you? If so, we better move on, I have other things to do then
> creating unwanted tarballs ;-)

So why do we create tarballs at all? We want to make it easy to ship those
extragear applications that don't care about their own releases. We do ship
them with updated translations (at least) and bugfixes in the ideal case.

The question remains: Who updates the version number? Maybe we can add some
SVN revision string to the version automatically? Or the date ... ?
--
sebas