unresolved questions

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Oct 19 11:25:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

so it seems I'm the only one who has a a couple of problems with the current
release planning:

* which version number am I supposed to use for RC1 ? do we go with 4.0 ? Do
we split the versioning between platform and desktop release? does the
desktop get 4.1 when it is stable? Do we name it 3.95 ?

* obviously we don't want to release only the platform libraries on ftp, but
also a new snapshot of the desktop. I am doing weekly snapshots which I'm
uploading under unstable/ now, so in some way or another this has to be
communicated.

I'll be however in deep trouble if one of the modules require new API that got
changed in kdelibs, and that will cause a module to fail compilation against
that new release.

Thanks,
Dirk