PROPOSAL: Moving the KDEPIM Enterprise Branch into the 3.5 Branch

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Oct 11 08:45:55 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag 11 Oktober 2007 schrieb David Faure:

> I think this would break all existing checkouts (including those on all the
> kde servers like anonsvn and mirrors, lxr, websvn, etc.) The (automated)
> svn update will barf with "cannot replace directory from within" or
> something like that. The alternative is to merge the diff between the two
I'm not so sure. The directory structure would be kept. Worth a try setting up
a scenario below playground :)

BTW: websvn has no checkout, it's working on a full tree.

> I support the idea of course, I'm just wondering about those small details.
> Another "small detail" would be: checking with the translators that they
> are OK with all those new strings appearing in the 3.5 branch - so close to
> the release.
So close _after_ the release you mean. Yeah, they will very likely not accept
the fact that there won't be any 3.5 release, but that distributions ship a
branch without complete translations ;(

Greetings, Stephan