Announcing 4.0-alpha1: What needs doing?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri May 11 12:45:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding out what needs to be done to announce the 4.0
alpha1 release.

Things that are already done:

- source packages are up
- release notes, check
  http://www.kde.org/announcements/visualguide-4.0-alpha1.php
- The first part is the official announcement text (the part before status and
  outlook)
- The press channel has been warned so stories should be up soon after the
  release

Previously (for 3.5 releases), info pages with package locations and such had
been created by coolo I think, and we would coordinate going through the
RELEASE-CHECKLIST in kde-common/release in svn.

So, what's left that needs doing?

For the next release, we should try to prepare such a list in advance and
attach our names to it, so we know who's working on what.
--
sebas

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the
credit. - Harry S. Truman