Announcing 4.0-alpha1: What needs doing?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri May 11 13:16:50 CEST 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 10:45:53 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
Hi,

> I'm having trouble finding out what needs to be done to announce the 4.0
> alpha1 release.
>
> - release notes, check
>   http://www.kde.org/announcements/visualguide-4.0-alpha1.php

Can you modify the following :
If you don't like the scripted approach, you can snag the Alpha 1 source
tarballs from ftp.kde.org (or mirrors as they are updated)

ADD: and build them using that page:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/KDE4_Alpha_1

> Previously (for 3.5 releases), info pages with package locations and such
> had been created by coolo I think, and we would coordinate going through
> the RELEASE-CHECKLIST in kde-common/release in svn.
>
> So, what's left that needs doing?

For 3.5 releases we have a Compilation Requirements page
http://www.kde.org/info/requirements/3.5.php
this probably should be done as well for 4.0. On kde.org or on techbase?

Thanks,

Anne-Marie