Creation of kdevplatform module

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun May 6 22:57:02 CEST 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> The question we'd like to ask the release team:
> is it ok to create a kdevplatform module under trunk/KDE and move the
> platform code from kdevelop module to this new module

I guess that makes sense. I would think that a proposal that affects the overall organization
of kde modules in svn would be discussed/announced on kde-core-devel though.

> The reason we ask is:
> we'd like kdevplatform to be released together with KDE just like
> kdevelop and quanta (once we're ready of course).

Yes of course. IMHO at the release-team level, all we can really say is: sure, we'll add those three
modules to whichever release of kde you want to be part of (and we'll remember not to release
them for 4.0 until further notice). release-team is only about the release process, not about
deciding about such things as kde module organization (except if something makes no sense
from a making-a-release point of view, but that's not the case in this proposal afaics;
the module dependencies are clear).