Creation of kdevplatform module

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annma at kde.org
Sun May 6 17:36:11 CEST 2007

On Sunday 6 May 2007 13:57:03 Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 06 May 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op zo 6 mei 2007 12:13 schreef u:
> > > So... does the silence means agreement? :)

I think the subject of creating the kdevplatform module belongs more to
kde-core-devel than to the Release Team. You already have a name and you
won't release for KDE 4.0 if I understand it correctly.
We are trying to coordinate the 4.0 release and we would like to do so by
having modules coordinators.
My point of view would be:
- ask in kde-core-devel for the creation of the new module
- define a coordinator for this new module (the coordinator ensures that
style, API docs, licenses, compilation,... are OK).
- the coordinator should subscribe to this mailing list to be a link between
the release people and the devels.
The point of the Release Team is not to decide what should be in or out, it's
to ignite some decisions from the modules. I see it as pyramidal from the
base (all devels -> modules coordinators) to the packager dude.

Cheers,

Anne-Marie