Creation of kdevplatform module

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun May 6 15:57:03 CEST 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op zo 6 mei 2007 12:13 schreef u:
> > So... does the silence means agreement? :)
>
> I still fail to understand what you want. You want to the
> release-team to do releases for you and you want to do your own. You
> want a common library but dont want to follow library coding
> conventions and want to name it with an inconsistent naming scheme...
>
> If you want to be like koffice, you can also do it like them, create
> /kdevelop/libs and /kdevelop/app and create two tarballs from them.
>
> But lets wait and see what others on this list feel. ;-)

I think what you write here is the wrong approach. The question was
whether it is OK from the point of view of the release team to have the
module we (the one who are involved) already agreed on. And if yes,
there is a request to those who are competent to create a top level
module, to create it.

Andras