Welcome to the Release Team!

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 16 20:51:06 CET 2007

Jason, thanks for picking this up!

Now about release schedules... The traditional big-software-company way is
asking the developers to list their features & give an estimate of how long
they'll need to complete them, then divide by two and tell them marketing has
decided that the deadline is September. I don't know why, but in my
experience the deadline is always either September or January.

Me, I'm thinking that if we aim for an alpha that shows new stuff (including
new UI stuff) at aKademy, and a final release three months later we'd be
doing well, but I don't know how realistic it is. In any case, I think that
we should discuss a schedule proposal _here_ and then propose it for
discussion on k-c-d -- otherwise the discussion will be even more
interminable than it will be anyway.

Even better would to actually do the traditional thing, and ask maintainers of
subcomponents about their estimate & their critical paths.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi