Release Schedule: RFC

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 16 18:36:37 CET 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 18:01, Jason Harris wrote:
> We have already reached the point where API changes in kdelibs can only happen
> once per week, which is a pretty good sign that we are approaching API
> stability.
Not really. It only means we're giving some time for application developers to make progress
while kdelibs is changing. But we're not yet approaching API stability imho, if we want to drop
qt3support in kio's API (it's before 4.0 or never) then we need someone to rewrite most of
the file dialog... Plus all the things we wanted to do for 4.0 like switching to the xdg shared-mime
standard (which has api implications) etc.

> What are the future plans for the "API mondays" policy?
No change?

> I'd like to hear the opinions of kdelibs/kdebase devs about when they think
> core development will enter the spit-and-polish stage.  We should also hear
> from the various modules about the state of trunk development there.  Then
> maybe we can think about a timescale for the release.
If you need input from everyone, then this is a topic for kde-core-devel, not for release-team.
release-team is only the internal organization of the release team, isn't it?

PS: thanks for getting this ball rolling, much appreciated.