Release Schedule: RFC

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jan 16 18:01:11 CET 2007

It may be too early to think about a release schedule, but maybe we can
discuss the current state of the code and how much core development remains
to be done.

We have already reached the point where API changes in kdelibs can only happen
once per week, which is a pretty good sign that we are approaching API
stability.  What are the future plans for the "API mondays" policy?

I'd like to hear the opinions of kdelibs/kdebase devs about when they think
core development will enter the spit-and-polish stage.  We should also hear
from the various modules about the state of trunk development there.  Then
maybe we can think about a timescale for the release.

Speaking for kdeedu, the major porting work is complete, and everything is
compilable and runnable.  Some apps (e.g., kalzium) have made great strides
in adding new features.

Jason

--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium