Some Thoughts on Releases (Kludge and the Future)

Joseph M. Gaffney cucullin at wtfisthat.net
Sat Feb 24 02:26:05 CET 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007 08:13:56 pm Allen Winter wrote:
> - We really need to get more release managers.
>    I know Jason sent out a couple of nags.

If theres a way for the lowly to help, let me know.  After having a dead
laptop battery, and then my day in court (was today) postponed, I am now
going to be catching up on mails and other efforts...  it may very well be
that there are many willing to help, but just dont know how to in this case.

> - I see that milliams started a KDE3 -> KDE4 porting tutorial at
>   http://developernew.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Porting
>    That tutorial should be improved and a link provided with
>    the next release announcement.  The current tutorial
>    provided on kdeedu.kde.org is lacking.

*nod* devnew will be announced more completely soon, it has been brought up on
kde-promo.  I would say as much effort as possible needs to be placed on
anything kde4 on the wiki, in preparation for the coming announcement.

> - do we have an oxygen style KDE4 logo?  by logo, I mean something
>    like the "10 years KDE" picture on www.kde.org.

I know Nuno Pinheiro mentioned this, but I don't know if it was something he
was working on, wants to work on, or what... might have been Ken too.  This
is on their radar, but due to the limited number of artists, I think they are
focusing on what they see as the first and foremost.

--
-Joseph M. Gaffney

"A Rainbow of Skyward Danger!"