Some Thoughts on Releases (Kludge and the Future)
winter at kde.org
Sat Feb 24 02:13:56 CET 2007
A few comments regarding the process and the announcement.
In no particular order.
- I suck. Sorry I didn't help more with Kludge. I didn't even have
time to test the release tarballs.
- Did we agree on the plan for a Software Development Kit (SDK)
release to occur before a full desktop+apps release?
If so, we need to discuss what should be in the SDK.
- We really need to get more release managers.
I know Jason sent out a couple of nags.
- I see that milliams started a KDE3 -> KDE4 porting tutorial at
That tutorial should be improved and a link provided with
the next release announcement. The current tutorial
provided on kdeedu.kde.org is lacking.
- not that it matters much, but I sorta would have expected
to receive a message to this ML regarding the naming and timing
of the latest snapshot release.
- perhaps the announcement on the dot should have had a
link to the download site.
- I was a bit stunned to see the announcement mention "summer 2007"
for the KDE4.0 release. maybe for an SDK we can hit that target. maybe.
but it's good to have a goal.
- all that being said, I think the announcement was very well written.
- do we have an oxygen style KDE4 logo? by logo, I mean something
like the "10 years KDE" picture on www.kde.org.
More information about the release-team