Fwd: [Kde-pim] Request to exclude KMail from the KDE 4.0 release

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Fri Dec 7 16:15:01 CET 2007

On Friday 07 December 2007, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007 00:49:08 Allen Winter wrote:
> > Yes, KMail is really as bad as indicated in the enclosed message.
> > And so are many of the KDEPIM apps.
>
> That matches what Mirko of KDAB told me. He also said that it should be
> fine by April.

"should be fine" is always a disturbing statement ;-)

> One question (therefore CC: Thiago), what is affected by the missing SSL
> support? Or did that arrive in the meantime?

As far as I know file upload in Konqueror is affected as well.

> > Anyway... how to proceed?  Simply leave out the kdepim -4.0.0 tarball?
>
> Yes. Bad luck, but PIM3 works fine in the meantime.

I guess we shouldn't take a decision until just before the RC2 release. Let's
give people a chance to fix it. It's still a couple of weeks. Maybe somebody
finds back into the project over the holidays ;-)