[rekonq] Rekonq Settings

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Mar 21 11:32:10 UTC 2012

The about:config for special tweaking is something that I always
liked, but integrating normal settings into normal browser tab was
always irritating for me.

In Chrome and Firefox*, it was done as a part of 'all you need is the
browser' approach for chrome os / firefox os. That is, if we have only
the browser, we need no window manager, thus we need to manage windows
-> lets put stuff into tabs.

If you plan to aim for touch-based devices, the QWidget dialog will
never fit into the rest QML-based stuff.

----
On a side-note, more global problem than with rekonq alone:

In Plasma Active, we have the problem that some people like the
no-apply-cancel dialogs (so, the web browser and time settings are
done like that), and that those can not work in all cases (activity
settings, encryption need the apply-cancel). Thus we had to break
consistency. And it is like that in other touch-based systems - some
things have the apply and others don't. And that really sucks.

* not for settings yet, but for extensions...

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard