[rekonq] Data sync suggestion

Hawken Rives hawkrives at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:41:08 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I was looking through the roadmap today, and I came across the Data
sync section.

While I like the suggestion of using Lastpass/Xmarks for sync, I
believe that Mozilla Weave (now called Firefox Sync) is another good
choice.

It will sync bookmarks, passwords, history, some preferences, and a
list of open tabs. All data is encrypted before going to the server.

There was a project
(http://bitbucket.org/philikon/weaveclient-chromium) to add sync to a
chrome extension, but it seems to have died.

Mozilla Seamonkey has some sort of mail sync added into the Firefox
Sync product, also.

Anyway, just thought that this might be a idea to consider.