[rekonq] GSOC Idea -- Tab grouping using sessions in Rekonq

Tirtha Chatterjee tirtha.p.chatterjee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:14:06 CEST 2011

I am working with help from Andrea Diamantini. I have already started
working on this project.

* I have written a Session class that holds information about the
session, basically the list of tabs, current tab and the title of the
session.
* I created a SessionWidget class which shows all tabs in a session as
thumbnails, and highlights the current tab. Currently it is a QFrame,
but I plan to change it to a QGraphicsView. It uses a Session object
internally.
* A SessionsView class shows all SessionWidget objects. The MainView
is hidden when this is shown, and this is hidden when MainView is
shown.
* I made a few changes to the MainView class so that it can load
Session objects, and connected the tabsChanged signal of MainView to
update the current Session object.
* Currently a hotkey shows the SessionsView with the SessionWidget for
the current session, it has thumbnails of the tabs from current
session only, and highlights the current tab.

So the basic backend code is more or less done. The basic Session
class defined, there are a few changes needed here and there. And
major work is left in the frontend. I hope to complete this project as
a GSOC project this summer. Hoping to get coordination and suggestions
from you all. Hoping to learn a lot and work a lot.

--
Thanking You
Tirtha Chatterjee