[rekonq] Re: saving history of tabs on quitting rekonq

Anton Kreuzkamp akreuzkamp at web.de
Mon Mar 28 22:38:36 CEST 2011

On Sunday 27 March 2011 19:19:32 you wrote:
> On 03/27/2011 06:49 PM, Anton Kreuzkamp wrote:
> > Some weeks ago I've filed a reviewrequest "restore the tab's history when
> > restoring a tab/session" (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/100604/).
> >
> > The qtwebkit-patch that is needed for writing the tab's history was
> > rejected with the reason that it is possible with a QDataStream. Indeed
> > it is, but only by saving the raw binary-stream.
> >
> > Now I see 3 possibilities to organize that:
> > a) write the binary-stream as textNode into the xml-file
> > b) find some other way to organize the tab histories in one file (ideas
> > wanted!) c) create one file per tab and use directories for what we
> > previously used xml- tags
> >
> > Opinions about which one to take are welcome :)
> >
> > best regards, Anton
>
> I'm probably missing something important, but... why don't just save
> directly the dataStream on close tab and reload it on tab restoring?

The question wasn't about saving tab's history on closing a tab, but on
quitting rekonq for restoring the session on next start. Sorry, if I didn't
express me clearly enough.
(btw. QDataStream isn't made for storing data, just for forwarding it (e.g. to
a QByteArray where I can store it, and in fact I do that for saving last
closed tabs) ;)

Cheers, Anton