[rekonq] Re: Using git for review

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Tue Jan 4 14:30:26 CET 2011

On 01/04/2011 01:48 PM, ext Felix Rohrbach wrote:
> Inspired by a discussion on kde-core-devel mailing list, I thought about the
> review process of rekonq and came to the conclusion that we could use more git
> for it. At the moment, every tester has do download the patch, apply it and,
> after testing, has to clean up their rekonq directory. I think it would be
> less work if everyone contributing regularly to rekonq has his own public
> clone with a branch for each new review request. Then, on reviewboard, you
> just need to say where your remote is and which branch contains the
> feature/bug fix. If you get this request via mail, you don't even have to start
> a browser, you just need to fetch the clone and checkout the branch.
>
> What do you think about it?

I think we had something working quite well with Gitorious and now it is
harder to test patches :)

Reviewboard is bad, patches are accumulating, and I think it is harder
to contribute patches than before.

Can we consider moving back to gitorious? (or any system alike you
prefer) and just mirror git.kde.org?

The problem with sending full git branches for review is that you have
the part where it is easy to work with git, but you misses the "review"
part. How do you comment that line X or Y is incorrect?

cheers,
Benjamin