[rekonq] Using git for review

Felix Rohrbach fxrh at gmx.de
Tue Jan 4 13:48:54 CET 2011

Hi all,

Inspired by a discussion on kde-core-devel mailing list, I thought about the
review process of rekonq and came to the conclusion that we could use more git
for it. At the moment, every tester has do download the patch, apply it and,
after testing, has to clean up their rekonq directory. I think it would be
less work if everyone contributing regularly to rekonq has his own public
clone with a branch for each new review request. Then, on reviewboard, you
just need to say where your remote is and which branch contains the
feature/bug fix. If you get this request via mail, you don't even have to start
a browser, you just need to fetch the clone and checkout the branch.

What do you think about it?

Regards,
Felix