[rekonq] Re: 0.7 Development: TABS UP

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 28 19:19:32 CEST 2010

Le samedi 25 septembre 2010 03:26:42, Markus Slopianka a écrit :
> Can somebody please explain to me why since a while web browsers have to
> defy GUI standards?
> It's bad enough that Rekonq doesn't have an optional menu bar. If in 0.7
> tabs are moved to somewhere else than below the toolbar, I'll quit using
> Rekonq. I want a coherent GUI throughout my workspace and if some
> GTK-based browser ends up with a GUI that follows the KDE HIGs closer than
> a KDE app, I'll use that one.
>
> If you want tabs on top, use KWin's tabbing feature or use Chrome.
>
> You wanted our opinions. That's mine.
> Markus

I think Andrea doesn't explain the problem properly.

The real goal is not move tabs above the toolbar.
The real goal is provide one process per tab (if a tab crash, rekonq doesn't
crash).
Move tabs above the toolbar makes the toolbar management easier because each
process has its own toolbar.
With tabs below the toolbar, the toolbar is part of the main application, and
you each process must be able to communicate with the main application in
order to actualize the toolbar.