[rekonq] 0.7 Development: TABS UP

Johannes Zellner webmaster at nebulon.de
Sat Sep 25 11:27:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

great to hear someone is testing/improving kdepim for akonadi, we were warned
at work to not touch it atm... ;-)

Regarding the tabs placement, for me it actually does not make much difference,
visually I like to have the urlabar at highest as possible.
I can understand that breaking the KDE HIGs will result in lots of worried
users.
Is it really too much work to have at least the position of the tabbar
configureable? We will keep a lot more users happy.

What I don't really understand is, why this should be a major change for next
release...maybe I didn't get the point.
"Each tab a process", doesn't need to have the tabbar at top for me...the
users don't need a visual indication that this tab together with
urlbar+content is separate.
Do users really care to see the separation?

Just my personal thoughts ;-)

As I said I don't use rekonq tabs that much (kwin is the better window/tab
manager, even without its tabbing ;-) )

Best Regards,
Johannes