[rekonq] 0.7 Development: TABS UP

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 22:45:45 CEST 2010

  Hi all,
I'm here to explain what's happening in rekonq development and what's
the next 20 days roadmap. First of all, I have to say I'm sorry for my
silence in this last period (basically, after 0.6 release).
I'm partecipating to the akonadi-based-kdepim beta period and I have to
say I'm having a lot of problems with my mail.
To restore a bit the situation, I decided to switch for some time to
thunderbird (or better, use in parallel with kmail), to effectively read
all mail and properly reply.

Moreover, school has started again and I need some time also there to
let everything start smooth. So, my relative silence also in IRC.

Anyway, I'm coding a couple of hours a day during late night and I'm
preparing the "main" feature for the 0.7 release: "tabs up". There are
yet 3 or 4 serious regressions to fix and I'm using this "big" change to
do also some refactoring/move/rename. If you are curious about what's
happening, check the "TABS_UP_BRANCH" in gitorious. When it will be
"ready" to merge, I'll anyway mail again here and wait for some time of
review.

To say the truth, I'm not yet completely convinced from this change
(let's say, I'm ~80% convinced) and I really like to hear your opinions
about.
Moreover, I'm too much curious about trying developing a multitasking
browser and I really think the TABS_UP are the best option for.

Enough for now. Spending another hour of my friday evening hacking on
rekonq..

Regards,
Andrea from this strange thunderbird mail client (kmail will really rock!!)