[rekonq] Website fun

Guillaume DE BURE guillaume.debure at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 22:46:34 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 24 septembre 2010 22:31:08, Andrea Diamantini a écrit :
>   On 09/24/2010 04:17 PM, Benjamin Poulain wrote:
> > On 09/23/2010 09:51 PM, ext Guillaume DE BURE wrote:
> >> As you may know, we are in the process of building a new rekonq website, based on drupal (http://drupal.org). We will need a classy drupal theme to go along, and we have several options for that:
> >> * Use a KDE theme
> >> * Create and maintain a specific rekonq theme (is there anyone with CSS knowledge and artistic skills willing to do it ?)
> >> * Use one of the thousands drupal themes available out there (http://drupal.org/project/Themes can be a starting point, google to find even more). Which one would you advise ?
> >>
> >> Recommendations, suggestions ?
> > I think it makes sense to start from an existing theme, and improve it
> > to have it Rekonq specific.
> >
> > You could also use some CSS 3 features so the Website looks better in
> > Rekonq than in Firefox/IE9 (rounded corner, CSS transitions, 2D
> > transforms and whatnot).
> >
> > cheers,
> > Benjamin
>
> Yeah! (+1 for Benjamin hint)
>
> I'm (definitely) not an artist and not enough experienced with CSS and
> the web stuffs to give an hand.
> I can just contribute suggesting a new sentence for the first page. The
> old "toy browser" sentence needs updating..
> Give me a couple of days and I suggest something better about that.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrea.

Agreed, although I am also not an artist :p

I abused Ben Cooksley's time tonight, and we now have something which allows easier contribution:
* a rich text editor : now, anyone with appropriate rights can contribute :)
* animated menus (switch faster between pages)

Cheers :)

Guillaume

--
Skrooge, a personal finances manager for KDE 4.x
http://skrooge.org