[rekonq] Re: Clear Button in URL bar

Emmanuel Surleau emmanuel.surleau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:34:21 CET 2010

> 2010/11/16 Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com>
>
> > Oh forgot to mention my idea :
> > Display clear button when URL is still loading, but hide it once the url
> > was loaded and show the RSS feed & bookmark buttons.
> > Regards
> > Rohan Garg
>
> I don't think adding that button is a good idea. We already have a lot of
> widgets in the url bar and if we add more it'll look too bloated. Lets keep
> only the essential ones.
>
> Showing the button only when loading isn't useful either. It's a small
> period of time, it might get confusing and it's very likely to produce the
> annoying situation when you want to press a button and by the time you move
> the mouse the button has disappeared.

The current system (no clear button) is a goddamn pain with X's (admittedly
retarded) handling of copy-paste. I understand the drive for simplicity, but
it should not be an end in itself.

If anything, you can always make it a button outside the URL bar (like the
reload button), people who do not want it can remove it via the "Configure
toolbars" window.

Cheers,

Emm