[rekonq] Re: Clear Button in URL bar

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 23:46:15 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Benjamin Poulain
<benjamin.poulain at nokia.com> wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 05:17 PM, ext todd rme wrote:
>>> I agree. I see the value of clear button with touch interface (even
>>> then, there sometime clutter the interface), but on desktop I never use
>>> them.
>>
>> I disagree completely, I use them all the time, and quite miss this
>> feature in rekonq.  In fact in firefox I have a plugin installed that
>> specifically adds this back.
>
> I just did some experiment with the button on Konqueror and I am now
> even more convince it is wrong for the UI :)
>
> You can erase the content of a field in one click, but I could not find
> any easy way to cancel that action and get the content back.

That sounds like a separate issue that should be fixed.  Shouldn't
"undo" undo such actions?

> The clear button, a very destructive action, is also a few pixels away
> from a very useful action. Clicking by accident is easy, even more so on
> the touchscreen.

I've personally never had a problem with this, but wouldn't adding a
bit of spacing fix this?  Or, as Guillaume suggested, moving
everything else to the other end?  Another option would be to have it
only appear after you have double-clicked on the address.

> I have nothing against such feature, but I think this should not be
> enabled by default if it goes in.

At the very least an option would be nice.