[rekonq] Re: Contribute to rekonq -bug Bug 237702 - Find As You Type

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Mon Nov 8 12:10:14 CET 2010

Hi,

On 10/31/2010 03:49 AM, ext Chinmaya Padhi wrote:
> I want to contribute to this bug in rekpnq. Please sujest where should i
> start to look at (class/functions)

You should not expect devs to help you getting started with the basis of
Rekonq, this is not the way people usually contribute to open source
project. :)

I think a good way to get started on any project is to fix small bugs,
not by adding new features. By fixing the bug and thanks to review, you
learn more and more about the way a project works and you end being
confident patching anything.

In this process, GDB is you best first to find what is going on. For
example, you could add breakpoints in key event handler and see what
happens in there.

cheers,
Benjamin