[rekonq] web inspector patch

Mark Di Nicola mark at dinicola.id.au
Mon Jun 28 03:21:09 CEST 2010

Hi Andrea,

I'm not quite sure what you mean a by default shortcut for the Inspect action. Are you talking about a keyboard shortcut to invoke the inspector rather than it appearing in the context menu? If so, how would I inspect a particular element on a page without having to search for it in the inspector?

As a comparison I've attached some screenshots of what I'm talking about from rekonq, and then from chromium. See how in the rekonq screenshots, when I right click on plain text or on a link, Inspect Element doesn't show in the popup menu, but in chromium when I right click on on text or a link Inspect Element does show in the popup menu.

Just so you understand where I'm coming from, I work for a AustLII (www.austlii.edu.au). Our web site provides free access to all different kinds of legal databases at one location, and we do some fancy stuff with linking them all together. Most of the documents from those databases come from the website of their respective organisations so my job is to write programs to download those documents. A lot of the html on those websites is really bad or hellishly complicated so using the web inspector (in whichever web browser) is critical for me, and being able to click on any element on a web page and be able to view it's structure is a huge time saver.

Thanks,
Mark