[rekonq] Rekonq default search engine

Thijs Heus thijsheus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 09:44:59 CEST 2010

My two merge requests, both strictly speaking rejected but stirring a nice discussion. Nice :) Although this particularly patch might be able to be done cleaner by somebody who actually masters C++ better than Fortran.

Default doesn't matter to me, since I'll set it to my preferred state (google lucky) anyway. But that is assuming that it is possible for me to make that choice - so therefore I vote option 2) at the original question.

Why? Because I want to be able to choose whatever default search engine i happen to like (just like Markus), and the power of the webshortcuts allow me to do that. Furthermore, to me as  a user the double setting seems strange. And do i really need to know about where to set it? It took me years of Firefox using to discover that I did have a default search engine...

Furthermore, I do believe that webshortcuts are a great feature (and awesome icw the awesomebar) so shouldn't they be enabled by default? I believe they are, anyway.

Thijs