[rekonq] Re: Contribute

Jon Ander Peñalba jonan.debian at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:55:01 CET 2010

2010/12/13 Benjamin Poulain <benjamin.poulain at nokia.com>

> >> -refactor the MainView to completely decouple the tab bar. Ideally, I
> >> would like an independant TabBar and MainView. The main problem being
> >> implementing the corner widget (more advanced, ask for more info if you
> >> want to do that).
> > Now I'd like to have the "more info" :-)
>
> In the future, I want to get rid of the tab widget. Instead, it would be
> nice to have a single QGraphicsView containing all the pages.
>
> One of the things in the way of using graphics view is the TabWidget.
> Ideally, MainView would be composed of a independant tab bar, and a
> widget with the webviews.
>
> One of the pesky details of that decoupling is the corner widget. The
> widget is unfortunately a concept of QTabWidget, not QTabBar. A new tab
> bar widget could handle the tab bar and the corner widget.

Hi Benjamin,

I've recently had to look at that code and I also think that it should be
improved not only because it would be easier to maintain, but because it
would make a few features I want to implement (and probably lots more that
will be implemented in the future) easier and less hackish.
I was thinking in ways to improve it and I had the intention to do it myself
soon, but I never thought of removing the tab widget. Why would we want to
do that? AFAIK the tab widget is perfect to handle the tabs. We currently
have some limitations but I think it's our implementation's fault rather
than the tab widget's.