[rekonq] Re: Contribute

Pierre Rossi pierre.rossi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 16:44:52 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 15:55, Jon Ander Peñalba <jonan.debian at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/12/13 Benjamin Poulain <benjamin.poulain at nokia.com>
>
> >> -refactor the MainView to completely decouple the tab bar. Ideally, I
>> > Now I'd like to have the "more info" :-)
>>
>> In the future, I want to get rid of the tab widget. Instead, it would be
>> nice to have a single QGraphicsView containing all the pages.
>>
>> One of the things in the way of using graphics view is the TabWidget.
>> Ideally, MainView would be composed of a independant tab bar, and a
>> widget with the webviews.
>>
>> One of the pesky details of that decoupling is the corner widget. The
>> widget is unfortunately a concept of QTabWidget, not QTabBar. A new tab
>> bar widget could handle the tab bar and the corner widget.
>

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> I've recently had to look at that code and I also think that it should be
> improved not only because it would be easier to maintain, but because it
> would make a few features I want to implement (and probably lots more that
> will be implemented in the future) easier and less hackish.
> I was thinking in ways to improve it and I had the intention to do it
> myself soon, but I never thought of removing the tab widget. Why would we
> want to do that? AFAIK the tab widget is perfect to handle the tabs. We
> currently have some limitations but I think it's our implementation's fault
> rather than the tab widget's.

Hi Jon,

I'll let Benjamin expand on this but his first email explains why the
tabwidget is in the way: "have a single QGraphicsView containing all the
pages" (via QGraphicsWebView).
In this case, you only want a tab bar giving you an index and everything
else would take place in the view. Still a bit curious to hear about the
full vision, so Benjamin, feel free to give more details on this.

Cheers,
--
Pierre