[rekonq] Homepage style

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 23:34:14 CEST 2009

On Friday 25 September 2009 16:35:53 Matgic78 wrote:
> > I would like an area for bookmarks at the top part of the homepage and a
>
> "line" area at the bottom for previews of "recently closed tabs".
>
>  > I don't think the bookmarks bar is a so good idea. I prefer the button-
>
> menu.
> What is this area for bookmarks if it isn't a bookmark bar ?
> I personnaly like the idea of bookmark bar in the homepage. I don't like
>  the menu.
>
> For me asymetry isn't a problem. I like the actual organization.
>
> I would like a bookmark bar at the top, thumbnails of preferred websites in
> the left part (like currently) and blocks at the right.
> For the blocks :
>
> the search engines block is unuseful like it is. Is there plans on it ?

My original idea was to propose one search box for every one of the preferred
search engines..

> I like having the last viewed websites, but since it's right that previews
>  are better to recognize a page, I would like a vertical line of previews
>  at the right. And because you can't really see differences of pages of the
>  same website with thumbnails, they could be grouped under the same
>  preview.

Perhaps I misunderstood this, but.. are you suggesting a "long" column of
previews on the right to substitute the last viewed list?

> There could also be button button to switch beetwen recently closed tabs &
> windows and history.

Sure.
Perhaps the best thing to do is to remove configuration in the setting dialog
and move it "inside" the homepage.

> Recently closed windows could have a thumbnail showing the thumbnails of
>  tabs in the window (is that clear ?).
>
> It could also be possible to switch beetwen thumbs and text for history,
>  like chrome does for most viewed websites...

Never noticed this. Yes, we can do it..